August 2-9, 2019
To Be Equipped For Medical Emergencies
ANYONE and EVERYONE, No one can afford to leave their safety and well-being 100% in the hands of another. Why would you want to take this course? Because this is the course that will prepare YOU to save your own life, the life of a loved one or even that of a total stranger. We will prepare you to make a difference in daily life or in the middle of total chaos.
The EMR (Emergency Medical Responder) course is built upon the basic fundamentals that every EMT is trained in. This program meets and exceeds the requirements set by National EMS standards. You will receive a nationally recognized certification good for two years. You will also receive Provider level CPR certification and a NAEMT B-CON certificate. This course teaches you basic necessary medical skills to help sustain life, minimize injury during pre-hospital medical and/or traumatic emergencies while awaiting or even alongside higher-level personnel at the scene.
This course will give you the tools to build great skills for effectiveness in the field.
The instructor will work with you to advance your confidence and proficiency in a variety of tasks and skills.There will be classroom time, panel discussions, evening chats and lots of hands-on training
* Primary & Secondary Patient Assessment
* Dealing with Medical Emergencies
* Oxygen Therapy/Basic Airway Adjuncts
* Basic Pharmacological Intervention
* Patient Packing and Moving
*Basic Survival Skills
* The how and why of IFAK kits
Keith is a certified in the following:
* Texas EMT-B
* College Station Municipal Fire Fighter School – Firefighting Phase 2
* American Safety & Health Institute Level 9 Instructor Trainer: He teaches basic through provider level CPR/AED, Basic First Aid to Wilderness First Responder.
* NAEMT PHTLS & B-Con Instructor
* NAEMT TCCC (Tactical Combat Casualty Care), PHTLS, B-Con, GEM, EPC
Debbie is certified in the following:
* ASHI Emergency Medical Responder
* BLS CPR
* Basic First Aid